Boundary Dispute Lawyers & Property Litigation Solicitors &  Boundary Dispute Solicitors  & Property Litigation Lawyers & Trespass Lawyers & Trespass Solicitors & Party Wall Solicitors & Party Wall Lawyers


Summerfield Browne are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.


Have you recently moved into a new house or has a neighbour started work on an existing boundary separating your homes? If so walls, fences, hedges, sides of roads and buildings, edging stones, rivers, paths and common access roads can become a source of boundary disputes between neighbours.


Our boundary dispute lawyers have extensive experience of advising on a wide variety of boundary disputes. Where possible we will try to resolve any boundary dispute through pragmatic correspondence or by a meeting of experts before advising on issuing formal litigation proceedings, which should always be a last resort.  


Boundary disputes can be complex, as the boundaries between properties can look different to how they appear on Land Registry documents, and our boundary dispute solicitors can provide guidance on this issue.  Some documents recorded at the Land Registry are not drawn to specification and are not intended to determine boundaries.  The width of a line on a land registry document can be several metres on the ground.  Boundaries can vary over time due to the removal or replacement of a boundary, previous agreements between owners, and many other factors.


Whether you need help finding out who has the responsibility of fixing walls and fences that have fallen into disrepair or boundaries that encroach on your property our boundary dispute lawyers can help determine if local regulations have been breached.  


In certain instances, boundary disputes can involve trespass onto private property, and our trespass lawyers can advise you on your rights, and the best course of action to ensure that it does not happen again.


How do I find out my rights?


A title register will give information about boundary lines only if it was included in the registered title deeds.  Certain types of marks on a plan to a deed indicate ownership, or the responsibility to maintain and repair the boundary. The wording in the deed must be read to obtain the interpretation of these marks.  Our specialist boundary dispute lawyers can review and interpret these documents for you, so that you will know your legal position, and therefore you should be better placed to try and resolve the dispute with your neighbour at an early stage.  


If you are unable to reach an amicable agreement with your neighbour our boundary dispute lawyers can mediate on your behalf. Alternatively, if this is not successful we can robustly assert your rights and try to resolve the dispute prior to the issue of formal proceedings.


Establishing ownership of land can be determined from the property title documents, and then our trespass solicitors can advise on asserting your ownership rights, thereby preventing any further trespass.


Why Summerfield Browne Solicitors?    


We can give you advice on all types of boundary disputes and also prevention of trespass.  Our specialists are impartial and experienced at negotiating agreements that help people resolve disputes, rather than going to court.  If you have a question regarding boundaries, trees, blocked access or trespass we can help you avoid a stressful and distressing situation by offering you a practical and cost-effective dispute service.












We have offices in London, Birmingham, Cambridge, Oxford (all by appointment only) and our administrative office is in Market Harborough, Leicester, Leicestershire.


We provide legal services all over England and Wales.

Commercial Property Lawyer, Commercial Property Solicitor, Birmingham, Cambridge, Leicester, Northampton, Oxford

cabi logo intali logo acoustic-products



Please visit our Contact page and submit an enquiry form or contact us on 0800 567 7975 or by email at [email protected] 


Alternatively, you can contact each of our offices on 020 3292 1306 (London); 0121 259 0005 (Birmingham); 01223 420252 (Cambridge); 01865 784098 (Oxford); 01858 414284 (Market Harborough); 0116 208 1495 (Leicester).


Tel black large

0800 567 7975